Saturday, July 5, 2014

Broken things Made Beautiful

   There she was... Unwanted... Unloved.... and through most eyes Broken beyond repair. She was thrown out Ready to be Monday's trash. Though many eyes had gazed upon her she was overlooked. Seen as a disaster and to much work.

   Seeing the potential  in this future Beauty I grabbed her up after her owner tossed her on the front porch and many had looked and turned away.


 



She was filthy... leftover Ketchup... broken drop leaf on both sides... chewed on by animals
by the normal eye and lost cause. 

As she was loaded in the yukon I saw a few little roaches crawling underneath... 
I don't even know if I made it  maybe half a mile before I could see she was infested. I pulled off the first road I came to and tossed her into the sand... I thew sand trying to get the filthy little pest off her. The more I thew the more I seen. 

As I was about to leave her aside the road I felt Jesus say Don't leave her. This was once you. Infested with sin... dirty... unloved and unwanted.

 "All of us have become like one who is unclean, infested and impure with sin, and all our Good deeds are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away."
Isaiah 64:6 

Truly struggling with wanting to just leave her abandoned aside the road I took a blanket and smacked off all I could. I wrapped her up... put her back in and rode as quick as I could. I stopped at the first store and bought some roach spray. I opened the back and sprayed the table down. Inside I was freaking out. 

She was so infested and just nasty. I got her home pulled her out and started spraying her down with the hose... I figured bug spray I used prolly got them but I was wrong. As I washed her down more came... dead and alive... After washing her down good and spraying more bug spray... I left her to dry over night.

The next morning I went out and there was no more sign of anything... I took it completely apart and cleaned her down with every cleaner I had and let her sit for 2 months. When I went to start redoing there were no signs of anything.

I sanded... painted and refinished the top in a Dark Walnut Stain. 
She truly was a New Creation... Broken and nasty made Beautiful and given New life. 







Maybe you've felt the same way... broken... unloved and just a complete disaster...
But just as this beauty you are not to far gone... you haven't messed up to much...

And in the same way God did the very same thing for YOU- Through Jesus and His finished work on the Cross! Jesus takes ALL Your Mistakes, Flaws, Fears, Sin, and insecurities and gives you all of His PERFECTION! When you accept Jesus- Put your Trust in Him and what He did for YOU; you become a New person! You no longer have to define yourself by the world's standards anymore! Because Jesus gives you a whole new identity: an identity of PERFECTION! His Perfection!
  (Isaiah 61:10 )

Jesus Loves you Fully and unconditionally... no matter who you are.










No comments:

Post a Comment