Friday, July 18, 2014

Vanity Table Transformation


   

     A few weeks ago I found this little Makeup Vanity table piece... It was a cherry color and had no chair. It needed some repair but Hey fixer uppers are kind of my thing. I Love finding broken things and giving them new life. 

      I didn't get a before picture but with 4 kids and it being summer break I'm just tickled I got it painted. 

    After fixing it up a bit I chose to go with a creamy white color. I grabbed some Webster's Chalk Paint Powder and got started. If you've never used it before I would recommend it. Besides it cutting a lot of Prep time I have found it makes my paint go a lot further. 

My chair was a black color and since I new I wanted to distress it I added some black to the areas of the vanity I was going to age. Since they were 2 different pieces I wanted them to look like they have always been together. 

 I found some cute fabric I wanted to do the chair and worked my magic. I found some amazing tutorials online about how to upholster a chair seat and it turned out really well. 



































     I love free handing things on furniture. It gives it a little something extra. In my area unique pieces are few and far in between... So but adding painting a little something I can give it that uniqueness I'm looking for.      






































        After I got everything painted I sealed it with some Polyurethane. I would suggest several coats on the top if you are doing something like a table or something that will have lots of use. If you would like to share some of your projects e-mail me. I would love to see and share. 

Be Inspired and Be You-nique


No comments:

Post a Comment